Additional vehicles and traffic and bus delays are expected on Sept 16 & 17, 2022 as 2,000 visitors travel to Eastern Passage each day to participate in Maritime Race Weekend.
The duration of the race is:
- Fri, Sept. 16th from 7PM – 8PM
- Sat, Sept. 17th from 8AM – 10AM
We are working to improve and reduce the impact on residents travelling along Shore Road. We will install pylons along the yellow center-line on Shore Road (between Fisherman’s Cove and Caldwell Road) and runners will be asked to stay within the boundary, in order to allow for one-way traffic.
For a majority of the time, vehicles will be permitted on the road unless deemed unsafe by the RCMP. For safety reasons, we have the following rolling-closures planned:
- Vehicles will not be granted access to Shore Road while the participants pass by on Friday, Sept 16 between 6:55pm – 7:25pm
- Saturday, Sept 17 from 7:55am – 8:40am. Depending on your location along Shore Road the rolling closure could affect your street from 10 minutes to 45 minutes.
- 20 min closure is planned on Saturday, Sept 17 on Caldwell Road (between Shore Road and Ocean View Manor) from 8:10am – 8:30am
We thank everyone in advance for your patience, once participants pass your street the road will be accessible again to vehicles. Depending on your location along Shore Road the rolling closure could affect your street from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. RCMP will be managing these rolling closures.
We have 3 routes! Review route maps!
Did you know? Maritime Race Weekend is a not-for-profit organization and has donated $117,155 to local community groups: Oceanview Manor, Seaside FM, The Beacon, multiple children’s sports teams and Fisherman’s Cove! We helped build playground and installed 2 free library boxes in our community too. Fresh fruit, eggs, milk and bagels are donated to local school breakfast programs. This race helps tourism, our community and local businesses.
Our community’s event improves every year, because of the helpful suggestions from residents and support from Barbara Adams (MLA) and Becky Kent (Councillor).